Monday 12 September 2011

Julius, my dilemma

Every cloud has a silver lining. 
And every silver lining has a cloud.

As soon as one thing's fixed something else breaks. That's how it is, its the way life works.

Sometimes they happen in the same sectors of life:

CloudCash flow is a mess.
Silver Lining: Have an amazing new business idea, which can (maybe one day in the future), make some money.

Cloud: Mogoeng Mogoeng is appointed as South Africa's Chief Justice. JZ you've made plenty some bad calls in the past but this is a dismal  choice for the head of our country's judiciary.
Silver Lining: Collin Lamomt passing ruling that Julius singing "Kill the boer" song is construed hate speech and is banned from it being sung at ANC rallies. 

Sometimes though they're in completely unrelated sectors of your life

Silver Lining: {Email From "UK Loto Winner"} - "Dear sir, you are the single winner in the 'UK Billion Lottery' this week. In order to accept your prize please can you send us your credit card details so that we can transfer your winnings!!!" - OMG - YESSSS!!!!
Cloud: {SMS from appliance repair shop} - "Dear customer reference number 2432 your leaking washing machine, will cost R1,200 to fix. Please reply 'yes' to go ahead with this quote.


My dilemma, fix or replace?

The story of my washing machine reads like a custody battle over a love child. It was one of the "sticking points" in the break up between myself and an ex-girlfriend.

Briefly:
  • She bought it: R2,500 (about 8 years ago)
  • I paid to fix it: R1350 (about 4 years ago)
  • We broke up (about 3 years ago)
  • She moved out leaving it for me - "to use for a while"
  • About 1 ago:
    EX: "Oh you know that washing machine of mine that you've had for 2 years would you like to BUY it"?
    ME: "Excuse me? It sounded like you said buy it".
    Ex: "Yes buy it - R800".
    ME: "Ummmm how about NO!!, you can come and fetch it or I'll pay your R200 for it".
    EX
    : "But I only have a small car, I cant come and fetch it!!"
    ME: "Perfect - R200.00 it is"
A new machine is about R3, 000, but I reckon this one's got about 2 years of life left if I accept the quote for R1,200.

Maybe I'll just wait till my lotto winnings get paid to my credit card, and then buy a new one!! - SORTED.

No comments:

Post a Comment