Thursday 24 November 2011

A marketing fail

Sometimes the thinking is sound.

Sometimes implementation doesn't quite live up.

Cricket South Africa: "boy's we're in trouble here ... we've got a test series coming up and don't have a sponsor"

Sunfoil: "Right we've got some marketing money, lets throw a large amount of it at a sponsorship"

Deal done. Easy.

SA Cricket watcher: "Lekker new letters on the pitch there! WTF is 'Sunfoil'? "

The thinking to sponsor Cricket SA might have been a sound idea, but without a byline people are left to go online to find out about a product.

This is what you'll see if you go to  http://www.sunfoil.co.za/  (*here is a screen shot in case in the future Sunfoil wake up to their little blunder*)




If you're going to spend the time and money building your brand make sure that there's a call to action, or at least a website (maybe with your name??) where potential clients can find out about your product ...

I wish I knew this a few weeks back, I've now got a "Sun-Foil" that I bought online,  thinking I could use it to enhance my tan! 


No comments:

Post a Comment